Maker: Simeon North- Berlin CT
This is a 1808 contract Simeon North Navy pistol converted to percussion with a side drum conversion. This was built at North's original factory in Berlin Connecticut, he later moved to Middletown Connecticut where he built the 1816, 1819 and 1826 contract pistols. This gun is assembly marked 769 in script on the breech plug, and on the stock in the tang channel. No bench assembly marks on the lock and barrel. The hammer appears to be a blacksmith alteration . This pistol does not have the bench assembly marks or the hammer style of those pistols altered following the sale from the Navy Stores. Another example of this alteration may be reviewed in the Meade Patterson collection catalog page 17, item 19. The left side plate appears to be replaces, because there is no hole in it for the belt hook as is typical of all of the 1808's. Ramrod is a replacement also. This is a hard to find pistol in any condition.
antique guns, antique handguns, antique longguns, percussion derringers, cartridge derringers, collectible ammunition, Winchesters, Smith and Wesson, Remington, firearms curiosa, Volcanic pistols, Henry rifles, powder flasks, molds, loading tools.© Copyright 2008 Antique Gun Room, Inc. All Rights Reserved.